Subscribe to either Instagram or TikTok to see daily videos in March!
Are you tired of feeling overwhelmed by clutter and possessions? Are you ready to simplify your life and focus on what truly matters? Then you’ve come to the right place!
Our March Minimalist Challenge is the perfect opportunity for you to take control of your possessions and create a simpler, more organized life. Over the course of the month, you’ll learn valuable skills and techniques for decluttering, simplifying, and focusing on what truly matters.
Here’s what you can expect from the challenge:
- Daily tasks and challenges to help you declutter and simplify your life
- Support and accountability from a community of like-minded individuals
- Expert advice and tips from a minimalism expert
- Access to exclusive resources and tools to help you stay on track
By the end of the challenge, you’ll have a clearer, more organized home and a renewed sense of focus and purpose. You’ll also gain a deeper understanding of the benefits of minimalism and how to maintain a minimalistic lifestyle.
Don’t wait any longer, join the March Minimalist Challenge today and discover the power of simplicity!
What are the Benefits of Minimizing?
- Freedom: Things hold you back. Purging unnecessary items allows you to live a more authentic and fulfilling life.
- Financial Savings: Embracing a more frugal lifestyle can set you on the path to financial freedom. Becoming a minimalist frees up money you otherwise would have wasted without embracing more careful purchasing habits.
- Mental Health: Decluttering your physical space and simplifying your life reduces stress and anxiety. Stuff causes mental strain and takes away from focusing on your current life.
- Better Relationships: Aligning your focus towards what truly matters means you re-focus on your relationships. All the time and energy you spent worried about and managing your possessions can be directed towards people you love.
- Increased Productivity: When there are less distractions in your life your brain can focus on your forward momentum more efficiently. Endless to do lists no longer dictate every moment of your time.
- Increased Creativity: An un-burdened mind allows for space to unleash creativity. Brains stuck in survival mode never have the bandwidth to think or behave in a creative manner.
- More Time: Eliminating the random pointless tasks you fill your days with will make you feel as though you’ve gained hours in the day.
What if I can’t complete the daily minimizing tasks?
If you find that you’re unable to complete the daily minimizing tasks as part of the challenge, don’t worry. It’s perfectly normal to have setbacks and obstacles.
To stay on track remember to be flexible. Life can be unpredictable and things don’t always go as planned. Adjust your schedule as needed. The goal is to simplify and declutter, not to add more stress to your life.
Review and adjust your expectations throughout the month. Have realistic expectations for what you can accomplish in a day. People tend to over-estimate what they can accomplish in a day but under estimate what they can accomplish in a month. The trajectory of the challenge is to move you in a minimalist direction, if you’re doing that then it’s a win.
Find other people participating in the challenge and create accountability. You’re not in this challenge alone. Reach out to the community and share your struggles as well as your wins. The support from other challenge participants will help you stay on track.
Break down the most daunting tasks into smaller more manageable chunks. If one of the challenges seems particularly overwhelming, break it down. Once you get the ball rolling the end of the challenge won’t seem so far away.
Minimalism is a process, and it takes time and effort to get used to. It’s important to be kind to yourself and not beat yourself up if you don’t complete an individual task. The challenge is not about perfection, it’s about taking steps towards simplifying your life.
I’m a Parent, is it Possible for me to Become a Minimalist?
Of course! The founder of Messy to Minimalist is the mother of two children.
In fact, being a parent is a great reason to become a minimalist. Less clutter reduces over stimulation and stress in children. Becoming a family that prioritizes experiences over possessions will create a lifetime of memories to cherish.
Get your whole family involved during the initial purging and decluttering process. Have dance parties and games as you find items to donate or eliminate from your home. Parent specific tips will be sprinkled into the March Minimizing Challenge.
After the elimination phase it becomes times to set boundaries about what new items come into your space. Be open with friends and family about your new lifestyle so they can support the overall mission of living minimally.
My Partner Doesn’t’ Want to Minimize
If your partner is not initially interested in minimalism, don’t fret. There are still ways to begin making the transition for yourself.
Communicate your goals clearly. Your partner may not understand why you want to become a minimalist and what the benefits will be after making this lifestyle change. Listen to their concerns and try to understand their perspective. It could be as easy as a mis-understanding of minimalism.
Lead the way by example. When it comes to your own items, feel free to begin the purging process to pave the way. Show your partner that simplifying your life is something you’re committed to.
Be respectful of your partners items. Don’t go invading your partners spaces and possessions before they are ready. The two of you might not get on the minimalism bandwagon at the same time. This is not a sprint, give them time to adjust to the idea.
Agree on common ground for spaces you both agree on decluttering. Once your partner sees progress in those areas their interest may be piqued to continue the process in other areas. Engage in compromises to diffuse conflict. If you push too hard they could end up rejecting the idea outright and derail your goals.
March Minimizing Minimalist Challenge
Sign up now and start your journey towards a simpler, more organized life. We look forward to having you on board!
Join us today and be part of a community of people who are committed to simplifying their lives and living with intention. Sign up now and take the first step towards a more focused, peaceful and meaningful life.
Be sure to engage on Instagram or TikTok so I know how you’re progressing with the challenges.